something super fast with less bread and more filling I make this one! The kids like it plain, Michael on the other hand…
This couldn’t be simpler. It will take just one minute to cook the low-carb bread in your microwave and another couple to fry it up in a pan once layered ooey gooey good! Here’s my recipe:
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 Large Egg
- Softened (not melted) Butter
- Cheese Slices
- Sliced Deli Ham
- Thinly Sliced Tomato
- Pre-cooked Bacon or Bacon Bits
- Whisk 1 egg with the almond flour.
- Spread evenly onto a microwavable surface – I used a lid from one of myDebbie Meyer Green Boxes but any microwave container or plate will do. My slice of bread ends up 5-1/2″ x 7-3/4″.
- Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute or until set.
- Remove and cut bread in half.
- Butter one side of each half with your softened butter.
- Position one half of the bread, butter side down, in a small frying pan.
- Layer with desired cheese, and any other ingredients you desire; deli ham, thinly sliced (to get the flavor but not the carbs) tomato, some pre-cooked bacon, or just MORE cheese!
- Cover ingredients with remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Fry over medium-high heat covered (clear lid makes it easier to watch it’s progress) with a lid to help melt all that ooey gooey good cheese until everything is nicely heated through.
- Remove to a plate, cut and serve!
These honest to goodness, hold them in your hands sandwiches are ooey gooey good! Just listen to them sizzle! That whole griddle (2 batches) is only 6 net carbs total! Michael and I split it for a delicious lunch of only 3 net carbs each!
As far as what to put in between the slices of bread… let you imagine be your guide. I have made them with various kinds of cheese, with ham and (in the photo at the top) swiss, I have added a thin slice of tomato and slices of pre-cooked bacon.
I would love to hear some of your ideas for delicious combinations so please leave them in your comment below!
In the meantime anyone own a sandwich grill? I am on the hunt and would love your feedback!